KIMAX 2 RADIO
Kimax 2 radio mixed
- Current Gross weights for the entire vehicle *
- Gross weight per tractor/trailer *
- Current load on all individual axles
- Payload for the entire vehicle *
- Payload per tractor/trailer *
- Alarm for overload on individual axles
- Alarm for Gross weight
- All weights are displayed in tonnes
Kimax 2 radio fits your DIN slots
and offer you a load control of you vehicle, either as a solo instrument including build in air sensors and interface for SG Sensor , or as a display unit which needs contact to one or more Kimax 2 Sensors through the power line device bus, which can act on the existing electrical system on your vehicle.
- Kimax 2 calculates the current axle loads based on input from SG sensors and from air pressure in the suspension system and displays this figure as a three-digit value.
- The Kimax 2 On-Board Load Control is an electronic weighing system which can be used in all vehicles whose axles or axle groups are equipped either with air suspension system or steel spring suspension system.
- Due to the modular construction, the product is very flexible and can be individually adapted to most vehicle conditions.
… and warns when limits are exceeded
Kimax 2 has two separately adjustable alarm levels. Exceeding alarm level 1 is indicated by a flashing diode for the individual axle which has exceeded its limit.
Alarm 2 switches in an internal electronic “relay” when the total weight for the vehicle is exceeded. The relay signal can be used as ON/OFF input for another unit, for example a tracking GPS or an external lamp.
Kimax 2 helps to achieve economical transportation, avoids fines and simultaneously optimizes the cargo weight.
* Tractor/trailer readings call for a Kimax 2 radio installed in the truck and a Kimax 2 sensor installed on the trailer.
Axle load measurement
Kimax 2 uses the linearity between strain in the front axle and the load above the axle.
For the rear axle group Kimax 2 uses the linearity between air pressure and load above the axle.
By using two reference points for each axle (empty weight and weight at maximum load) and the currently measured strain/air pressure, Kimax 2 calculate the current axle load with an accuracy of 2% of the maximum load for each axle
The strain in the front axle will increase linearly with the load above the axle.
Depending on load of the vehicle, the level valve(s) maintain a constant height of the chassis above the ground surface by regulating the pressure in the air bellows. Trucks are manufactured with one or two level valve(s) pro axle or axle group. In case of one level valve you get good results by using a Kimax with single air inlet, in case of two level valves, you get most accurate weighing by using a Kimax with a double air inlet.
Select your P/N for showing detailed specifications
P/N 033200-01D1 Kimax 2 radio 1SG + 1×2 air
alternative P/N 030000-0140 + P/N 053200-01B1 Kimax 2 sensor 1SG + 1×2 air
|Supply voltage||10 – 30 V DC|
|Current consumption||0,1 Amp|
|Alarm 1||Flashing display|
|Alarm 2||output open collector NPN max 0,2A / 50 V DC|
|Display||Three digits 7-segment LED character height 20,3 mm|
|Accuracy||2% of maximum load at 0 ºC to +50 ºC|
|Air connection||quick release, 6 mm hose|
|Maximum pressure||15,5 bar (225 psi)|
|Operating pressure||range 0-10,5 bar (0-150 psi)|
|SG sensor||range 0-20 mA|
|On-board computer||RS-232 serial|
|Device communication||Power line|
|Operating temperature||-25 ºC to +70 ºC|
|Storage temperature||-40 ºC to +70 ºC|
|Dimensions||182 x 53 x 75 mm|
|Weight||approx. 550 g|
|Approvals||E1 & CE|
Radio set include mounting frame and cable set, 2 x angle fitting, 2 x air pressure throttles and 2 x T-fitting Ø8 mm – Ø6 mm – Ø8 mm. Other dimensions for T-fitting are available, like 10 mm, 12 mm and 3/8″ on request.
SG sensor must be purchased separately.
This radio display is designed to communicate with one or more Kimax 2 sensor.
SG sensors and air circuits
Kimax 2 radio air is available in several versions, each P/N in above tabs is tailored for a specific No of axles and configuration of suspension system.
A SG sensor installed on a leaf spring suspended steering front axles offer you same accuracy as an air suspended steering front axle.
On all air suspended vehicles you get optimal accuracy with two independent air inlets for each axle, one for each pneumatic circuits (right and left side), Kimax 2 calculates the current axle load for each axle based on the current SG sensor signal and air pressure in the air springs.
• When less accuracy is enough for you, one air inlet on each axle or axle group is available too
Kimax 2 is exactly as flexible as your vehicle:
Do you have a tractor equipped with air suspension on both front axles and rear axles combined with a lift axle? No problem!
Do you have a truck with 2 front axles equipped with steel springs and two rear axles divided in left hand and right hand air circuits? No
Do you want to couple a trailer or semitrailer on the above vehicles? No problem!
Do you want to couple a low bed trailer equipped with hydraulic suspension on a tractor equipped with air suspension? No problem!
Do you want to swap from one trailer to another trailer? No problem!
– Individual calibration values are stored in the Kimax unit installed on each vehicle.